More Topic Flowers
By: Jeff Clark Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006
I have created a few more example Topic Flowers for some popular weblogs.
I used the weblog text from each site as of Oct 14th. The colour legend and rules for interpretation are shown at the
end of this post.
Rules for interpretation:
- The same text will always generate the same flower.
- More text will generate more layers of petals.
- The primary topic will be shown using the associated colour on the outermost
two layers of petals.
- If there is a secondary topic it will be shown on the third layer of petals.
This pattern repeats, two layers using the primary, then one with the secondary.
- If there exists a tertiary topic its' colour is used to accent the edges of
some of the primary coloured petals.
- The number of little 'hairs' on the flower is indicative of the number of
personal pronouns used in the text.
- Rounder petal shapes are suggestive of emotionally positive terms (love,
yes, peace) , and more elongated terms indicate negative terms (death, murder,